Wednesday, April 22, 2009

“Too much installment credit can hurt your credit rating.”

Qustion: I pay my bills on time and maintain low credt-card balances, how is it possible that I don't have a high credit score.

CRIBBIN REALTY'S ANSWER: Your credit picture reflects a number of different aspects of your borrowing behavior. For example, you may have several open credit-card accounts with high limits. That means you could borrow a lot of money in a short period of time, which might worry a new lender who's thinking about extending you still more credit. It's best to keep just one or two credit-card accounts open and to keep their balances low.

Remember if you have any real estate related questions please email them to me at mike@cribbinrealty.com. Please visit my website www.cribbinrealty.com for all your real estate needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment